Constructed from a high bulk fiberglass sleeve heavily coated with iron oxide red silicone rubber
- Ideal for protecting hoses and cables in steel mills, aluminum smelting plants, offshore drilling rigs, foundries and glass manufacturing facilities
- Ability to shed molten metal splash and withstand intense radiant heat
- Excellent modulus of elasticity, allowing to easily stretch and expand over fittings and connectors
- Resistance to most industrial chemicals and hydraulic oils
- Reduces heat energy loss and environmental overheating
- Unlimited shelf life
- Pyrojacket's insulation properties allow it to provide effective burn protection for personnel from hot hoses and piping, while reducing costly heat energy losses.
PYROJACKET AND PYRO TAPE PROPERTIES
Both Pyrojacket and Pyrotape retain their flexibility at minus 65°F (-54°C)
and they withstand 500°F (260°C) continuously, up to 2000°F (1090°C)
for 15-20 minutes. and up to 3000°F (1650°C) for 15-30 seconds.
K value in BTU/°F/hour/inch of thickness: 1.2
Flame resistance: U.S. Fed. Spec. CCT-191-B Method 5902-7 seconds
to extinguish with no after glow
Mullens burst strength: 800+ p.s.i.
Oil and fluid resistance: remains functional after 120 hours at 80°F (25°C) in
MIL-L-6082 and Skydrol 500
Abrasion resistance: Wyzenbeck 9,500 cycles: 3-1/3 lb pressure, tension 6 lbs,
using fine emery cloth